Sunday, September 28, 2008

Here I am!

Live blogging from the shop, due to a spell of quiet I believe I can attribute to daylight savings, and the fact people feel like it is the crack of dawn.

I'm recovered from the demon lurgy, such a relief. I was a bit paranoid that I felt like death because of pregnancy, but it turned out to be a good old fashioned flu, which has moved on to another sucker.

Speaking of pregnancy, less than 12 weeks to go. I'm nervous, and the midwife very kindly put in my notes that my last labour was "stressful and overwhelming", or something. I don't know if my body is paying attention to midwife notes though, so we'll see if this one is any better.

The reason for the silence around here is that I've been busy, hah! Surprise! Normally the end of the month gets nice and chilled out with the orders, because retailers generally do their ordering at the beginning of the month for billing purposes. I was all ready to slide into calm mode, and we got flooded with wholesale business. And shop business. I guess this means until Christmas we won't be getting any more breaks. If you want me I'll be the 9 months pregnant one lumbering around filling boxes.

Shop business has been helped by a spread in the Dom Post last weekend about our house. Funny! They were nice pictures. I'd post them here, but I'm never clever enough to keep newspaper clippings. When I'm old I'll just have to make up stories for my grandchildren about how Grandma Martha was this one time in the paper, and then maybe something to thrill them like having a helicopter trip and martinis with Paris Hilton, and then they won't believe anything, and I'll chuckle and have another sip of gin. This is my plan for retirement.

4 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

Thank you for the update.
I am not one of those wishy washy liberal types who believe that running a business, family, being pregnant and being ill is sufficient grounds for neglecting your internet responsibilities.

Violet said...

Gosh, you lot in Petone are very stylish!
I've got that demon lurgy myself - had it on and off for the last two weeks so far. Please tell me you didn't have it for more than a month because apparently it's being called the 90 day flu.

Oleg said...

I want to share a testimony on how Le_Meridian funding service helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is UK/USA funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Or lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp 1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant. 

blondes en folie said...

Lovely blog, thanks for taking the time to share this.