Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Valentine's Day lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve

Christmas came very quickly to us at the shop. Very quickly. We barely managed to do anything decorative for it, apart from fill about a squillionty zillion online and wholesale orders.

Now I need some inspiration for Valentine's Day. Should I dress a fat baby as cupid and suspend it in the window? Or fill a small paddling pool with jelly and get some pretty people to wiggle in it? Should I print some undies with some loving quotes (I love the fact that Oy Vey makes cupcakes that say "txt me")? Go on, get creative, and help a sista out.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Muff cakes - cup cakes with candy floss stuck onto the icing like a lovely bush of pink pubes. Genius.

AMCSviatko said...

You could steal this idea from Meet me at Mikes:
http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/2008/01/we-heart-mirabel.html except give the proceeds to another worthy cause (and no, the Martha overseas trip fund is NOT a worthy cause!)

If you wanted to be particularly warm and fuzzy you could make the theme "I love Petone"

Martha Craig said...

Ladies, both brilliant ideas. Rosie, I fear Petone is not quite ready for those particular cupcakes, I've already got an "R18" badge section for all the ones that say "fuck".

SS, brilliant idea! I don't think I've quite got the customer base to have people make many this year, but next year I reckon it would be fantastic, and in the meantime I might just have to hack out a few felt hearts myself.