Friday, December 15, 2006

Radio Rhema

I get very anxious when I travel to other parts of the country, and I tune the car radio, and find some music and it turns out to be christian rock. So much so that I do that thing where you incline your head for about 4 minutes just to be certain you're not being converted subliminally.

We had a brigade of Jehovahs Witnesses in the 'hood yesterday. At first I thought it was a party of historians here to check out the famous Workingman's Cottages. Their dress sense gave them away though, only people that go door knocking have that particular men-in-purple-shirts and ladies-in-long-floral-skirts style.

4 comments:

Kate Borrell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (for tomorrow)!

Sorry - I don't think I'll be online tomorrow. I think I'll be weed pulling from sun up to sun down.

Martha Craig said...

Thanks! What a good memory you have.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that so happens, and only when you are betwixt towns (mainly for hours in the SI, home of radio rhumatic) and you like the song you're listening to, then the chorus comes, and you nearly crash into the chicken truck in front of you scrabbling to get it back to whatever other station happends to be broadcasting (usually classic hits, strangely enough!)

Anonymous said...

Re the JWs, answer the door unfettered in your nightie. Makes them run a mile :) well with chests the size of mine it does...