Saturday, March 25, 2006

Your life in song titles.

Hers didn't tag me. But I did this anyway, because it looked funny. And I'm procrastinating.


These were the instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question

How does the world see you?
“We're not the Jet Set" - Iris de Ment and John Prine. Which is shit. I'm clearly the jet set.

Will I have a happy life?

“You're not from Brighton” Fat Boy Slim. This could well mean I'll have a happy life, although I hear Brighton is very nice and I have some good friends there.

What do my friends really think of me?

“Hip Hop Holiday” by 3 The Hard Way. Oh yeah. Hanging with me is a holiday everyday. (How do you do a wee computer emoticon thing for a single raised eyebrow?)

Do people secretly lust after me?:
“Sea World" by the Phoenix Foundation. This means people don't secretly lust after me, but fish do.

How can I make myself happy?

“All in an Afternoon" also by the Phoenix Foundation. Sounds like drinking to me.

What should I do with my life?
“Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport" by Rolf Harris and the Wiggles. You can't fault the Rolf. What a dude.

Will I ever have children?
“Hymn of the Big Wheel" Massive Attack. This used to be my "I'm just having this last drink and listening to this song before I go to the pub and score", which could well mean I heard it the night I met my spousal personage.

What is some good advice for me?

“Madeline" Pluto. Sounds like I need to buy some Madeline tins. I've always wanted them.

How will I be remembered?
“Spinal Meningitis (got me down) by Ween. This happens to be one of my favoutite songs. Although I hope I don't die from it.

What is my signature dancing song?
“Push on through" by Salmonella Dub. Umm. Maybe a few years ago. Now I just groove to the Wiggles.

What do I think my current theme song is?
“Baked Beans" by Mother Goose. Ha! That was Martha BEFORE the new stove. Baked beans indeed.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
“'Til a Tear becomes a Rose" Fiona Prina and John Prine. In a parallel universe yes, here they're more likely to think of crap pop than melancholy country.

What song will play at my funeral?
“4 Dead Monks" by Red Snapper. Perhaps I'll become a man, and enter a monestary, and then kill myself and another 3 monks.

What type of men/women do you like?

“Steal My Body Home” by Beck. I like Beck. A lot.

What is my day going to be like?

“Pacifier” By Shihad. That probably indicates that I'm now going to bed. Although I've been off the pacifiers for like months, okay, days... oh whatever.

What a weird collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I knew that you'd have far more intersting music come up. None of my Wiggles or Hi-5 music came up at all. Or the 22 Golden Children's songs.

Mandy said...

How does the world see me?
Live Bed Show (Pulp)

How can I make myself happy?
Run (Snow Patrol).

What should I do with my life?
Burn, Burn (Lostprophets)

Gave up there. Can't think why.