Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Ohmigodshootme

Well, I got these really u-g-l-y (they ain't got no alibi) new shoes.
shoes
The thing that us people what don't wear sporty shoes don't realise is they're very bloody comfortable. And the most genius thing, the shoelaces don't come undone. Brilliant.

I got all fitted out for them on one of those foot computer things. Why? Because I am here, in cyberspace, committing to complete the Special K Duathlon in April next year, and to achieve this I'm gonna have to at least be able to walk 5kms.

Hell, I've delivered two babies, how hard can a little jog be? (Already feeling nauseaus - I wonder if you can have gas?).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I have bad feet that break regularly. The only answer is ugly and comfortable shoes.

Good on you for the Duathlon. Thats fabulous. You'll do it!

tinks said...

Cool news!
If you need help with bike training let me know!

tinks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martha Craig said...

Thanks guys, and Tinks, I could certainly use some advice on how to make your old bike more of a road bike than a mountain one - on a budget!

tinks said...

I have some slick tyres that are all yours - kinda old, but should do the business, and will hunt some other useful parts...

Martha Craig said...

You're a frickin marvel Tinks.

Kate Borrell said...

Good luck! I wish I was that motivated.

The shoelaces don't come undone? They're not elastic are they? Sounds like they're designed for fat ass Americans that can't put on their own shoes (kidding) ;)

Martha Craig said...

Ha, no, they're just like normal shoelaces, but they don't come undone. I'm guessing that is what all the money goes towards...

It did lead me to wonder why velcro never took off. When I was 14 it seemed like the way of the future.

tinks said...

I thought that way about velcro as well, until I got a pair of shorts with a velcro fly.

Martha Craig said...

Obviously easy access isn't all it is cracked up to be?

David said...

If the shoelaces don't come undone, then how do you take off the shoes?

Surely you don't wear them to bed, in the bath, etc.

As well as shoes, you'll need some lyrca cycling clothes, fingertipless cycling gloves, and a polystyrene tub to wear on your head. Personally, I don't bother with any of it, preferring a pair of old shorts and a baseball cap. But fast cyclists seem to go in for all that stuff.