Thursday, September 22, 2005

Kinsey

It is ironic perhaps that I am writing about all these movies, when actually I don't want to, nor am I any good. Ironic in an Alanis Morisette way (ie. not ironic at all).

Oh well, I'm going to write another non-review, because I enjoyed Kinsey so much. It was funny, the subject matter is pretty interesting, and what great acting.

I love Oliver Platt. I think he was the entire reason for watching Huff, and I've just read that he is the inspiration for Comic Book Guy on The Simpsons. He only had a small part in Kinsey, and I think he is so coooool.

I'm also a big fan of John Lithgow - although he is played pretty much daily in this house as the voice of Lord Farquaad - someone has a Shrek obsession, and it ain't me.

Peter Sarsgaard is a very attractive piece of eye candy, and also worth watching Kinsey for.

The movie is choice. I don't think I'll go on about it anymore.

5 comments:

Kate Borrell said...

OH that guy! Yeah - he's totally hot. I'd do him. He may not have a say in the matter.

s. said...

Oliver Platt did this cool film a few years ago, Funny Bones. See it if you get the chance. And I loved Huff as well, what I managed to see of it.

John Lithgow as Roberta Muldoon the trans-sexual superstar ex-football player was the only thing I thought was worth anything at all in The World According to Garp.

Martha Craig said...

and he was in Footloose.

Rosie said...

I watched footloose quite soon after watching kinsey and I thought it was very interesting that he was basically the same character in both!

On a side note I loved kinsy especially the bit about the horse/whores I have retold that and got lots of laughs he he.

Rosie said...

also I don't know if this is an acutal link but my brother (jake) lent me the book "a confederacy of dunces" (which is great) with the hint that main character in it is SPOOKILY like the comic book guy.