Thursday, August 25, 2005

Winter blues

Here I am on my new laptop. Can you tell? It took a few days to get connected, because of course I had chucked out the Woosh info. It is a delight to be sitting here on the bed blogging away. Lovely laptop. Lovely technology.

Glen and I have just been discussing fleeing the country for the weekend. I think it is safe to say that he is thoroughly fed up with work, and I fancy being somewhere WARM for a while. There is an art fair in Sydney this weekend, but really, it is a bit too radical to just up and go... and besides, if we leave it a couple of months we'll have time to get excited about it.

We've still got masses of airpoints from when we were young and travelled constantly, so the travel itself will be free. Isn't that nice?

Perhaps we'll go to Rarotonga. I've never been to a pacific island. Glen spent his formative years in the Tokelaus, and is gagging to go back for a holiday. There is no way in this universe I am spending 3 days on the boat however.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to Raro! Although, unlike me, you might want to avoid the cyclone season....

There's some pics of it somewhere on one of my header banners, it's really beautiful and very laid back. You need to try and be near Muri Lagoon, especially if you are taking the littlies. Airfare was $$ though... :-(

Martha Craig said...

Thankyou! I shall take your reommendation and start doing some research.

Martha Craig said...

Thanks Ben, I'll look into ZoneAlarm now. I am very keen to keep this toy running sweetly.