Monday, April 11, 2005

Ahhh lovely day

I woke up this morning and the disappointment about our cafe had gone. This may have had something to do with the fact that I had been awake since 4am, and having to go and make cakes and filled rolls would have been fairly tedious.

Anyhow, the sun was shiny and the birds were singy and I dropped Glen at work. Afterwards I had to drive into Hutt City (doesn't the new name make it sound just so much more zingy?) to buy some lights. As we passed Ripe Coffee Co I asked Finn if he'd like to go there. He said "mummy needs a coffee" which goes to show what a genius the child is.

It was so nice. Finn played with toys, I drank a coffee and ate a cupcake and read the paper and Malo sat on the window seat and got smiled at by passers by.

I've had the day that 3 years ago I thought I'd have every day when I had children.

No comments: